Wednesday 15 September 2021

September Magic

 How I love September and its golden mellow light,

Still summer in the daytime, but cool and fresh at night.

The days are getting shorter, the nights are drawing in

Birds are off to Africa, the crickets cease to sing.

How I love those memories of going back to school

Seeing all my friends again , having grown so tall

Blackberries, figs and apples, pears and walnuts too

Making lots of jam and pies to see the winter through.

How I love September,  it's time to start anew

Join a class and learn a skill you really want to do,

Shall I learn a language? Russian or Chinese?

Or try to do Pilates to help my creaking knees?

All those things you want to learn if you have the chance

Martial Arts or badminton, tennis or Jazz Dance.

September is a magic month, it has a golden hue

Holding hands with summer and giving Autumn a welcome cue.



 

 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment