Saturday 11 December 2021

Thoughts while at the Hairdressers


 I like my hair when it's in a mess,

Sticky bits from a child's caress,

The wind that whipped my fringe about

Sticking hair to my glossy pout

I would like to have it thick and long

But it's never really been that strong

I remember my mother in despair

Trying to do something with my hair

Bows each side or a pony tail

Brushing away to no avail

It escaped the bands, it defied the clips

'Such fine hair', she'd purse her lips

She'd tug, she'd plait

She'd smooth it flat,

 'It's not like  mine, all glossy curls,

It's so unfair for little girls

To have such fine and  wispy hair

It's like your dad's so thin and fair.'

I drink my coffee, read my book

Consider having a new look,

A girl comes now to wash my hair

In the mirror I see you there

My dear old dad is in my eyes

In my heart and it's no surprise

My mum's voice ,they're always there

Even when I do my hair.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment