Friday 14 June 2024

With love on Fathers' Day

 To my dad


How I wish that I could say,

'I'll go and see my dad today',

He'd welcome me with a cheery grin

His arms outstretched to pull me in

We'd sit right down to have a chat

I'd tell him this, he'd tell me that,

A rich tea biscuit and a cup of tea

He'd always see the best in me,

Whenever I would ask advice

His replies were always really nice

Look for the good in everyone

It's always there, just like the sun.

He'd make me laugh, I'd make him smile

I'd hug him hard for quite awhile,

He might recline in his favourite chair

I'd gently stroke his silver hair.

We'd go for a drive and take the dog

Then sit and chat on a wooden log

Such wisdom I have never heard

I would hang onto every word.

Forgive, don't judge, be very kind

Enrich your soul , your heart, your mind

It's a long time now since you went away

But your voice is with  me every day.



 

 


 



No comments:

Post a Comment