Wednesday 2 August 2017

Moaning Minnie, just a second

Moaning Minnie hasn't written for a while, but I've just had a bit of a shock, nothing dreadful, but maybe a warning for those who don't know this.
It's very hot, very, very hot. We've been told to look after old people and young children. Well that's me, now, the old people..
There I was sitting on the sofa feeling sleepy because of the heat and I started watching 'A mermaid in Manhattan,' do you remember the film with Daryl Hannah and Tom Hanks ? Well I loved that film and as one of my granddaughters loves the Little Mermaid one day we watched the mermaid in Manhattan film and she loved that too. Of course, it's ridiculous and hasn't really stood the test of time, it seems even more ridiculous now, but I still enjoy watching it.  As I've seen it so many times, I thought, I can't possibly sit and watch it again. I read somewhere that we spend three years of our lives watching repeats, so I've decided not to keep on watching the same film again and again. So I decided to prune a few of my plants that are wilting in the hot sun, take away the dried up bits and pieces. I only had a very thin t shirt on because of the heat and when I leaned over my calle, a sort of lily thing, I felt an agonizing pain, like a knife going through me. At first I thought it was a wasp sting, but there was no sign of anything buzzing about. I called my husband and showed him what had happened and he was puzzled too. At first he thought I was just making a fuss He gingerly touched the leaves of the plant and said actually they are very sharp and pointy.Then he googled calle and discovered that they do actually sting you and cause reactions. By this time as you can imagine all sorts of horrible scenarios, not being brave and having been stung at least seven times by hornets and wasps.

I wished  that I'd watched the mermaid film, I really, really, wished I had. It got me thinking of how many times we'd love to turn back the clock, just a fraction of a second, just a tiny bit, and do things differently.
It only takes a second for things to go wrong, to say the wrong thing, to make the wrong move.
So what the heck if we do spend three years watching the same old films, it's much better than being stung by a toxic planet.
No more calles for me.

have a happy, hot summer and take care all of you.
The pointy plant

No comments:

Post a Comment