Tuesday 7 June 2016

Moaning Minnie's Daily Rant, Learn from the past, plan for the future, enjoy the present

On Facebook I often see posts telling us to forget the past, not to worry about the future and just live for the present. The wording changes but the gist is the same. This morning I got 3 messages like this in some form or other.
Learn from the past, plan for the future,  live for the moment.
Well it can't be quite like that can it? Easier said than done and all that. If it  was so easy people wouldn't keep going on about it.
 
Fact is that our past weighs heavily upon us whether we like it or not.
Fact is that if we were meant to live like that then we wouldn't have a memory and we wouldn't have an imagination. We'd just be blobs, or robots.
So if anyone has hurt you then you can be wary of them so they don't hurt you again, I know quite a bit about that, having struggled with the dreadful D for years.
Have I told you about her? Well I will one day.
Another thing that pops up on Facebook is how we are responsible for our own happiness. Hahaha!! What do you think?
Like the thing about living and enjoying the present, easier said than done.
How much more pleasant our lives might have been without that horrible teacher, unpleasant girl at school, jealous  relative, mean boss. 
But no, it is our reaction that is important isn't it? It's not what happens to us, it's the way we deal with it. Hahaha
I was exhausted before I'd even had my morning coffee. My OH says I shouldn't take it too seriously.
OH means Other half, I'll tell you about him one day too.
That's all for today, I'm off to enjoy the present!!


No comments:

Post a Comment