Sunday 26 June 2016

Moaning Minnie's daily Rant, Phone call etiquette



You know that expression, Butter wouldn't melt in her mouth'? Yes well that is very appropriate for Dreadful D and Perfect Pete. believe me, people who don't use their conscience are very dangerous, they are able to turn the page and carry on as though nothing has happened because they don't hurt inside see.
Now today I was thinking about Perfect Pete and thinking that he has been hurting me since I was eight years old.  He hurts me still..
He's very good at sending text messages that put the ball in my court all the time. He says let me know when you are free. Well the point is, that it's him that is never free, he can only speak to me from his office, because Dreadful D has a phone phobia. He told me that when the phone rings she goes into a panic, she has the screaming habdabs, it doesn't matter who it is, she can't cope with the phone. Do you believe that? Neither do I.
Now Dreadful D and Perfect Pete have masses of friends, and the friends insisted that they had an answer phone put it, because the friends want to be able to invite them to all their events, parties, balls, dinners, whatever. Well they what do is if the phone rings and they are sitting there they just let the answer machine answer so everyone in the room hears the poor person that rung them sort of pleading like 'would you like to come to dinner, to Pilates, to the book club, to whatever.?' everyone hears them. Well I think that's rude so I don't ever leave messages on their phone. Also their phone has a caller ID and so you know that they know it's you ringing and they might just be sitting there letting you ramble on to their machine.
So it's texts and emails and that's it. But they take ages to reply so I've just dried up and lost my enthusiasm, but that's where they're clever see, because they now say it's me that doesn't answer.


No comments:

Post a Comment